Thursday 9 September 2010

Thrifty Things...

Jo picked me up after dropping her girls off at school yesterday morning... to take me thrifting! It was so much fun! Mulling over things others would class as 'junk', seeing the potential behind it all. It was a big warehouse and a couple of rooms full of all sorts, and all for charity so even better! I came away with...
a few cute Vintage childrens patterns
a collection of wooden and plastic knitting needles...
a few cute dishes for pretty things...
and a stack of frames. I was so excited! I got all of this for £8! I excitedly showed James, who wasn't really all that impressed. I have a big project in mind for the collection of frames which he isn't too convinced about stating that they looked like "10p frames from a car boot" where in fact they were actually 18p frames from a charity shop! He did finish his statement with "but you can do whatever you want!" They do look rather tatty now...but I know how it will look (when I actually have the time to do it!) and it will be amazing! I'll do an update in the near future. I have to prioritize my short amount of time left so this is going in a corner somewhere to wait patiently for me. 

Love emme loux

4 comments:

Lucy in the Clouds said...

All that for £8?! How did you carry it all?

I know how you feel with a non-understanding boyfriend. I think the world is divided up between those who love rifling through other people's old junk, and those who couldn't think of anything worse!

emme lou said...

Yep, £8! how amazing is that!My friend gave me a lift home and they put it all in bags for me! I definitely agree, he's normally really into it but prefers reclaimed things than junk!There's a difference of course! heheee x

emme lou said...

oh I got a cute box too that I forgot to photograph! That was also in the overall price!

Sam G said...

I'm sure that any piece of junk that's had the emme lou wand waved over it is gonna end up looking pretty damn cool

Who can go to this warehouse thingy. I'm interested in finding some things for my up and coming projects xx

Post a Comment