Saturday 9 October 2010

What a week...

This week has been so busy, exciting, exhausting and amazing. We have learnt so much already in such a short time. Falmouth sure knows how to run a degree! We started with spinning hanks, dying yarn, winding cones and threading looms. I wasn't happy with my colours so gave away the blue that wasn't teal and decided that although this was just for samples, I needed to dye some more as it wouldn't match my book and theme. Yes I'm a perfectionist but I think its a good thing. So I went to the dye lab and had the huge scary room all to myself to dye up my hanks brown.
   
I love it already but I am not so in love with the looms. Being extremely tired when trying to thread them up is not a good idea. But I persevered (with help from Nicole and Nadia!) and  stayed later and now it's all strung up ready to weave next week! I am trying to catch up with all the house chores that have been severely neglected and the laundry pile is over flowing! I have a morning of chocolate tart making awaiting me tomorrow to take to Jo's for after knitting and dinner! 
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Love emme lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment