Saturday 3 March 2012

Visuals and Toiles

I'm working on my visuals and designs for my taking it forward production piece project at the moment. I was going to make the cushions, but I always make cushions, I LOVE cushions, but I know I can do them so wanted to push myself and do something a little different that I'm really passionate about. 
Children's wear!  I've made my toile for a girls smock dress, age 2-3 years. I worked on the pattern for the frill cap sleeves with the head of Textile Design. We're getting pretty carried away with the finishing and pattern making, but it's great that she knows I love making and is 'allowing' me this, as we are textile designers not fashion students. I really want to blur the line as much as I can!

I have a LOT of designing, sewing and dyeing to do over the next couple of weeks, but I can't wait! 

I'm pretty torn between a cream & peach ombre dip dyed dress or peach & coral, but I think having the base neutral will allow the colours to really 'pop' in the embroidered designs. We shall see! 



Love emme lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment