Saturday 3 March 2012

Feeling Fruity!

Wow..2 Months since my last post! I've been posting on our little family wedding blog constantly, so this one has been a little neglected. I can't wait to share all the lovely wedding things and developments! It's so sooo excited!
A quick little update on our plans...we have a photographer, venue, registrar, marquee, DRESS, almost 2 of the 3 bridesmaid dresses, a special commission, and our cake designed already! I have a long list of really fun and pretty DIY projects to do over the Easter and Summer breaks, so that everything is boxed and ready to go, so it doesn't get in the way of dissertation writing and degree show sewing!
All of our wedding colours in our palette are coming together perfectly and it's a perfect mix of both me and James, which, after all...is what a wedding and marriage is all about!

I thought I'd share some embroidery from my last project which I am further developing into a garment in my current one.
We were given the brief from The Thread Project, to take the traditional Lambani embroidery and make it relevant to the western world whilst putting our own spin on it, for the interior market.

I decided to use fruit as my 'theme' and inspiration, creating a bright, bold, fun and modern take on their tradition. Bananas, melons, kiwi, oranges and blueberries! 




Buttons coming up next!

Love emme lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment