Monday 19 December 2011

Hand and Lock project

Finally blogging about Uni work! Our first brief for the second year was for the Hand and Lock 2012 competition brief. We had a choice of three mini briefs to choose, with the theme of celebration. I chose 'Association D'ermites' which talks of desert hermit, silvery egrets, hyper modern and authentic, metallic, gems, midnight blue, sunset red, bright whites and delicate. I decided on the Circus for my celebration theme, focusing on the glamour of the 30s in depression America. Here are some pages from my sketchbook and my final samples.  I was ill for a big chunk of the project, a lot of late nights catching up, and trying to angle my dripping nose away from the silk fabric! Did I mention I was hooked on all things Twilight?! The soundtrack, the movies, it was a sewing twiathlon on repeat!
Now onto project two....India!!



Love emme lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment