Sunday 6 March 2011

Thrifty Things...

I love a good rummage around smelly old shops with junk piled high. A couple of weeks ago a couple of my lovely friends went on a  rummage tour with me of all the local charity and junk shops in my area. It was amazing! We all found some pretty things and had so much fun. It's great having friends who get excited as much as me! Here are a few of my latest thrifty things...
 
 We found this 1958 Singer in a barn outhouse that was meant to be locked! The man had to prise it open with a screwdriver as it didn't have a key! I managed to get it for a fiver! AND the electrics work! I was a little scared to try it at first for fear of messing up the electrics in the house but it works and just needs a darn good clean! It came with a box full of feet and the original instruction manual too! It even had a matching spool of thread all ready to go!
 I also found a cute little owl pot that now holds my pencils etc.. I have a thing for owls in case you didn't know!
 I picked up this cute knitting bag too full of yarn and some pretty vintage scarfs that will hopefully make cute headbands this S/S. 
Last but not least I found another mirror!! Exciting!! Only a few more to go until I can hang them up!

 Have you found any lovely things lately?

Love emme lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment